2018 reading list for living your best life this new year and beyond
Whether or not you made resolutions for 2018, most of us view the new year as a time to kick old habits and start fresh. In many cases, we’ve found that a good book is all you need to inspire and encourage those positive changes in your life. Here is a list of seven books that will help you live your best life this new year and beyond:
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo. A super popular how-to for good reason, this book offers simple ways to create order in your home—namely by getting rid of unnecessary items. Learn how purging the clutter can reward you with more than just a tidy home.
- Mindset: The Psychology of Success, by Carol S. Dwek. In this insightful read, Stanford University psychologist Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D. reveals the impact a specific mindset can have on an individual’s success in school, work, sports, the arts and more. This book helps you nurture a ‘growth mindset’ in order to achieve your greatest dreams.
- Dave Ramsey’s Complete Guide to Money, by Dave Ramsey. Some of the greatest stresses in life are related to financial instability. The Complete Guide to Money outlines real practices to help budget, save, invest and alleviate debt. Need help beyond the cover? Author, Dave Ramsey, even offers helpful classes and events throughout the year.
- Letter to My Daughter, by Maya Angelou. Made up of small essays written to the daughter she never had, Maya Angelou tells an inspiring, heartfelt tale that shares advice on how to live a meaningful and fulfilling life.
- Tribe of Mentors, by Tim Ferriss. If you’re looking for a mentor, then this book is for you! True to its name, Tribe of Mentors lists real life advice from a broad range of successful icons engrossed in a range of careers from athletics to entrepreneurs. Their topics include personal morning routines, the best way to spend $100 and how they’ve turned losses into victories. Sometimes the best way to learn is from other’s successes and failures.
- 100 Things to Do in [Your City] Before You Die, Reedy Press LLC. Reedy Press has published an array of ‘100 Things to Do’ books for cities across the U.S. Individually authored by local residents, each book suggests 100 unique activities for the city of your choice. Heading to San Francisco for the weekend? Travel like a local and try 100 Things to Do in San Francisco Before Your Die. Or just bored of your home town? Check out your city’s ‘100 Things to Do’ version and see your town in a new light!
- Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth, and Happiness, by Cass Sunstein and Richard Thaler. On the New York Best Seller’s list, Nudge analyzes the science of a single decision and explains how our daily choices can be altered to encourage better long-term decisions. An essential read if you’re looking to reprioritize what matters most in your life.
What are your go to books this new year? Share some of your favorites in the comments below!