Inspired by your courage
Women are winning the battle against breast cancer every year.
It’s estimated that one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Adventist Health encourages women to schedule a mammogram.
The top five risk factors for breast cancer include:*
- Sex: Breast cancer is about 100 times more common in women than men
- Age: The disease is most prevalent in women age 55 and older
- Genetics: About five to 10 percent of breast cancer cases are hereditary
- Health history: Women diagnosed with certain benign (non-cancer) breast conditions may have a higher risk of breast cancer
- Early menstruation: Women who have had more menstrual cycles because they started menstruating early (especially before age 12) have a slightly higher risk of breast cancer.
Early detection is your best defense - schedule your mammogram today.
*Statistics provided by the American Cancer Society.